Don't trust Talk Talk for your internet. Just don't. Don't do it. I know you're thinking, but they're so cheap, and if you buy an 18-month phone contract, they throw in broadband for practically nothing. This is, as far as I can figure, what we have been through trying to get internet for our flat:
November 21--Our landlady, Kay, had her Talk Talk phone number switched to our name.
November 25--My housemate, Robin, set up all our account details with Talk Talk, including registering us for internet.
November 28--Kay receives our welcome pack to Talk Talk at her new house, telling her that her new internet activation date will be 11 December.
December 3--Robin fills out forms to correct the messed up transfer of ownership of the account, but finds that they still have the wrong details for the account.
December 11--No internet is activated.
December 12--Robin calls to enquire, is told that he is not the account owner, and that we were moved a week back on our activation date.
December 17--Internet is still not activated.
December 18--I call to enquire about our internet. They now recognize, after reminded a number of times that we've changed the ownership, that we, not Kay, are the owners of the account. Our broadband has been, however, "rejected for unknown reasons." A new date of activation is set for December 21.
December 21--I call to enquire why our internet is still not active. I am told that when our broadband was "rejected for unknown reasons," they actually cancelled our broadband service entirely, and did not schedule us for another activation time. They recommended that if we would like to add broadband to our phone account, we should call the sales department, and request that it be added.
This is a large part of the reason why I have not posted since Thanksgiving. I am now in the British Library, the only free internet location I know of that is open between Christmas and New Year's. Don't join Talk Talk. It's not worth it.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Really, why would you ever trust a company whose name is simply "Talk Talk" Would you trust a restaurant whose name is "Eat Eat"? Or a gay bar whose name is "Sodomize Sodomize"? No, no I think you would not.
Post a Comment